I'd like a new torch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I'm in the market for a new torch.
I want it for walking the dogs in the evening, so maybe a head torch is the way to go
however I have a few requirements and am wondering if y'all know of one that meets these?

I only want 2 modes, ON and OFF.
Absolutely no dimming, no strobing, and I don't need no damn SOS flashing! lol
I'd like it to use an 18650 type rechargeable battery.
A powerful beam with the ability to adjust it would be good.

If a hand torch a slide on/off would IMO be better than those danged buttons on the end (they always fail).

Any recommendations please?

N.B. Amazon is the only place I can get it from.

Sponsored Links
Here's my projector torch
IMG-20200204-WA0000.jpg

Sponsored Links
6 cell Maglite when walking in the dark near me. :confused:The dog crosses his legs until daylight comes.

Well you nearly got me, until I read"10. Modes: 3 (Super High>Middle>Srtobe) slight press the button to change mode."

lol

Quite like the LED Lenser range, I have a couple of them one is the 1,000 Lumen one with the P7R rechargeable battery, but is does use the push button on the end, neither of which has failed with use?

I got a head torch from screwfix, they no longer sell it but this one from amazon is the same, but updated model.

Mine uses 4 a batteries, it's a fantastic torch - I used it to build a garden office over winter, It's brilliant miles better than a site light, nothing is in shadow and it lights up around.

I also now use it for dog walking, once you've used a head torch you won't want to go back to a hand held.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HOKEKI-Hea...t=&hvlocphy=1006661&hvtargid=pla-846200751771

Nice, but do you often feel the need to flash SOS?
The craze for adding all these stupid modes make it so that the act of turning the torch on or off will often select the wrong mode, or when the stupid end buttons start to go faulty because they used really cheap and weak metals make it so it often just changes mode with the slightest movement.

The projector torches look great except I'd probably blind the dog that's next to me when using it :)

Hi there,
I'm in the market for a new torch.
I want it for walking the dogs in the evening, so maybe a head torch is the way to go
however I have a few requirements and am wondering if y'all know of one that meets these?

Head torch is my 'go to' it leaves both hands free to do other things. I got used to wearing them at the GPO, working on the exchanges - 10w 50v bulb, in a plastic shade and you just plugged into the rack, where you were working :)

Head torch is my 'go to' it leaves both hands free to do other things. I got used to wearing them at the GPO, working on the exchanges - 10w 50v bulb, in a plastic shade and you just plugged into the rack, where you were working :)

In the frame rooms, all them green jumper wires give me a headache :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back