Attaching a new facia board to slates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The slates go half way down to the ground from a flat roof and are just off vertical.

The facia needs to squeeze up between the overlap of the torches surface of the flat roof and the beginning of the slanted area (asbestos slates about 2 foot by 1 foot,I'd say)

The slates are attached to the beams of the house and the original facia was nailed through them into those beams.

I can't locate these beams any more and am very uncertain as to whether they would support the weight of the facial if I was to find them .

I want to glue/mastic the new facia to the slates and wonder what is the best one to use.( the last time I did this job ,just replacing the same facia that had come off it just lasted a year until a wind took it down again,)

I also have bees there so I don't get to do this is a calm and collected manner as I can be up the ladder with a heavy piece of wood and some temperamental bees in attendance....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back