Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This one is a belter.

fHGiJ9.md.jpg

ZsVd4po.jpg

Sponsored Links
Difficult to understand why someone who by their own admission isn't interested in DIY continually posts on a DIY forum.

I was discussing this very thing with a colleague this morning.

Traditional tories have a sneering superiority complex over us plebs, genuinely believe they're better than us, and don't try very hard to hide that opinion from us.

New labour, and the hard left, also have a superiority complex over us plebs, genuinely believe they're better than us, and that we need protecting from ourselves. And they're so benevolent, they'll "serve" us in ensuring that protection.

Sponsored Links
Difficult to understand why someone who by their own admission isn't interested in DIY continually posts on a DIY forum.
This is the General Discussion forum. By its very nature, and preponderance of the other DIY forums, and the routine re-locating of DIY posts from this forum, suggest that this is the correct forum for non-DIY comments.
Some may arrive here seeking a DIY related issue, find the General Discussion forum an interesting place to stick around, and consequently do so. Is that so bad? Or do you simply want to deny some a voice because you disagree with their opinion?

Traditional tories have a sneering superiority complex over us plebs, genuinely believe they're better than us, and don't try very hard to hide that opinion from us.
New labour, and the hard left, also have a superiority complex over us plebs, genuinely believe they're better than us, and that we need protecting from ourselves. And they're so benevolent, they'll "serve" us in ensuring that protection.
Most political parties are a very broad church. It is a little short-sighted to categorise the members with such descriptions.

Tell the OP.
I see the memes as a mickey-take, a symbol of a mythological perception, not a genuine all-encompassing description of party members.
A meme (/miːm/ MEEM) is an idea, behavior, or style that becomes a fad and spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme.​

I see the memes as a mickey-take, a symbol of a mythological perception, not a genuine all-encompassing description of party members.
A meme (/miːm/ MEEM) is an idea, behavior, or style that becomes a fad and spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme.​

And yet you don't see Transam 's posts in the same way.....:whistle:

You're just a disingenuous ****.

You're just a disingenuous ****.
It doesn't take long for the intellectually challenged to descend into aggressive abuse.
If you can't maintain a civil discussion in a calm and orderly fashion, don't you think you should seek help with your anger management?

This is the General Discussion forum. By its very nature, and preponderance of the other DIY forums, and the routine re-locating of DIY posts from this forum, suggest that this is the correct forum for non-DIY comments.
Some may arrive here seeking a DIY related issue, find the General Discussion forum an interesting place to stick around, and consequently do so. Is that so bad? Or do you simply want to deny some a voice because you disagree with their opinion?

What a stupid presumptuous post. I find it odd that someone hangs about on a DIY forum, posts little to nothing on anything other than GD. FWIW, I seldom strongly disagree with the OP, and if I do, it's a polite exchange, not a slanging match.

What a stupid presumptuous post. I find it odd that someone hangs about on a DIY forum, posts little to nothing on anything other than GD. FWIW, I seldom strongly disagree with the OP, and if I do, it's a polite exchange, not a slanging match.
If it's so difficult to understand why someone would continue to post about non-DIY related issues in a non-DIY forum, do you not think it deserves a stupid preposterous reply?
If the poster wanted to post about DIY related issues they wouldn't post their comment in this forum.
upload_2021-1-20_11-54-21.png

If it's so difficult to understand why someone would continue to post about non-DIY related issues in a non-DIY forum, do you not think it deserves a stupid preposterous reply?
If the poster wanted to post about DIY related issues they wouldn't post their comment in this forum.
View attachment 219249

Do you actually read posts, I assume you are capable. I'm talking about forum users who post pretty much exclusively in GD, very very seldomly in other sections and who by their own admission aren't interested in DIY. I find that odd. Read this post carefully, use your finger if it helps.

A meme (/miːm/ MEEM) is an idea, behavior, or style that becomes a fad and spreads by means of imitation from person to person within a culture and often carries symbolic meaning representing a particular phenomenon or theme.

LOL In some ways not a bad description of politics in general.

I'm talking about forum users who post pretty much exclusively in GD, very very seldomly in other sections and who by their own admission aren't interested in DIY. I find that odd.
Disregarding your insulting comments, and addressing the issue:
If someone is not interested in DIY, but wishes to participate in non-DIY related issues, (especially in countering the frequent fake news, prejudiced opinions and numerous conspiracy theories) where do you suggest they post their comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back