Toshiba 32" TV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help
My 32" Toshiba TV has just lost its picture 6 months out of a 3 year warranty. If I play a tape or DVD the sound comes but no picture.
If I put Teletext on it works fine.
If you change channel the on screen display works.
I have heard that repairs recon they don't mend any more.
This was an expensive set (£1500)I am loath to just throw away, without trying to repair.
What are my best options.
Thanks
JonB :(

After a bit more messing about, if switched off for about 30mins it starts up OK for a couple of minutes and then goes off. obviousley something is overheating

Sponsored Links
Ask a tv repair shop for an estimate you wont know for certain until you ask.

Thanks for that jj
I have just printed a list of repairers to ring later.
JonB

Can i have the model number as printed on the back please mate and i'll look through my faults books.

What i can tell from you description is that there is nothing wrong with the tube or scan circuits.

Is your dvd/video connected to your UHF in or via scart??

Teletext is decoded using it's own processor, and your on screen displays all come off a second processor, i would point at your reciever but until i know what the deal is with dvd/vcr it wouldn't be prudent to say.

Any other symptoms you can describe??

Cheers
Lee

p.s. TV repair isn't difficult if you are fairly handy with a soldering iron, but always disconnect and leave for a good few hours to allow HT to discharge, 15kv will mess your day up somewhat.

Sponsored Links
Dear Lee
I have been in touch with a local engineer & he rang me back with the exact fault, but said it has to be repaired by a trained Toshiba engineer.
He also said it is a common fault on this model & Toshiba have been known to give the part FREE even out of warranty.
It is a 32 ZP 38 B
So I rang Tosh & they gave me the number for my nearest Tosh agents (York) I`m in Teesside.
They pick the set up tomorrow, the charge will be £54 + Vat.
The part costs £200 a DFS module.
If I can get it free all well & good But even if I have to pay the £254 it still doesn`t sound to bad as the set cost £1500 in June 2004.
Thanks for your interest.
JonB

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back