Toshiba TV sound problem

Jim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Toshiba 32" Flat Screen WLT58 TV but I am finding that it is difficult to hear (my age I guess). I am wondering whether to experiment with adding speakers. Not surround sound but say 2 speakers. I heard that Creative T10 speakers which are neat might work. As a novice I would be pleased to get advice on purchasing something to try but not too expensive. Do I require something known as preamp speakers please? Help would be appreciated.
Jim

Sponsored Links
try adjusting the bass and treble and balance before spending any money

if its set to 1 speaker and low treble you can loose 60% off the volume

In my opinion, nearly all modern TV's that you could buy now have awful quality speakers in relation to older CRT TV's. I guess there was more room inside a CRT case to fit bigger, beefier speakers.

Anyway, I recently purchased a set of Logitech Z523 PC speakers to plug into my TV which I use for regular TV, movies, music and games.

These speakers have two standard speakers and a subwoofer for deep, rich bass. You will notice a vast improvement in sound quality and clarity and I highly recommend this route.

Others may suggest a full TV speaker setup requiring an amplifier and it can get expensive and complicated, especially for an a/v novice.

You can pick up a set of decent '2.1' speakers (thats 2 speakers and a subwoofer) from places like Argos and Comet - anywhere really.
They just plug into your headphone socket on the TV and need a mains plug and they're good to go.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for the advice. I decided to buy Creative T10 speakers and they have improved the quality. I plugged them into the Audio Out RCA sockets (red and white) using cables etc from Maplin and they work fine. I guess doing it that way I also get the TV speaker which I wouldn't with the normal earphone socket.
Jim

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back