Towel rad not heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya. :)

I fitted a ladder type towel rad in our en suite and although it (appeared to) bleed ok it not getting hot at all. When the other radiators are scorching this thing is stone cold, as are the valves and the pipes below it.

Now then, there was a radiator in the bathroom that never worked so I took it out and capped the pipes intending to fit another when the bathroom is tiled later this year.

I'm starting to think maybe the pipes are mixed up. One of these rads has two feeds and the other has two returns, does that sound plausible?

If so what's the best way of tracing them, blowing air through?

Sponsored Links
Turn on the heating and then turn off the hot radiators, does the towel rail get warm?

Andy

Nope, not a sniff.

I've just tried replacing the radiator vent plug with a 15mm fitting and a hose, then opened each valve in turn. Water appears to be flying through.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back