Towel Radiator Dual Fuel T-Piece Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

In the process of installing a dual fuel kit to a towel radiator and can't for the life of me get the t-piece to line up in a sensible direction and be anywhere near tight enough to be water tight.

The supplier of the kit claim that this is the first time they've heard of this problem but it strikes me it's just plain luck if the threads of the t-piece and radiator are cut in such a way that they will line up when tight.

Am I being stupid or are there any tips/tricks to make this work?

Thanks,

J

Sponsored Links
Not quite at that stage yet - just dry fitting so I can get all the pipes in the right place.

If you tighten it as tight as it can go it's quite a way off facing the right direction and if you wind it back to the next best it's still a little wobbly so may be a bit too much for PTFE to deal with. I'll give it a go though.

I guess I could also feed the radiator from opposite corners top and bottom and then fit the heating element without needing the T-piece? Might look a bit weird though.

Sponsored Links
So in the end I got hold of a couple of radiator tails and 3/4" to 1/2" reducer bushes and attached the T-piece via those and can tighten in the correct position using the nuts. Adds a little bit of height to it but nothing too bad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back