Towel radiator on a wet UFH loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it ok to have a stainless steel towel radiator on a wet UFH circuit for a bathroom or en suite bathroom if it is on a different zone from the bedroom? If so, what provision needs to be made i.e. does there need to be a thermostat for that the UFH in that bathroom as the towel radiator needs to be hotter than the UFH temperature?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You mention "tower" and then later "towel". I would guess you really mean "towel".

A typical UFH temperature is 40 C which is about half of the flow temperature of a normal rad.

However if it is only to warm towels then that will be fine!

If connecting to the UFH circuit then one way would be to connect it in series with the flow.

Tony

Yes typo - I meant towel.

What if I want the towel radiator to give out more heat than the UFH circuit, to use as a form of heating as well because say if the floor area is not that large and space is consumed by the bathtub etc?

It is a towel rail its purpose is to warm towels not to heat a room if you want to heat the bathroom you will need to fit a radiator connected to your heating circuit, it doesnt matter what you connect a Towel rail to it will warm towels it wont heat the bathroom

Sponsored Links
Worse that it has to be connected to the heating part of your system.

That is before the temperature reduction components which supply the UFH.

A lot of work for just one rad.

Far easier to just use a wall mounted electric heater!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back