TP9 / TS2 replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Danfoss TP9 / TS2 controlling my boiler. The Danfoss was fitted before I had the boiler replaced - it's now a Worcester Bosch condensing combi boiler. The previous one wasn't a combi hence the dual circuit thermostat.

Looking at the internal temperature graph generated by my home weather station software (attached), temperature control is fairly jagged though it helped when I set the time correctly - I forgot to do that after a power cut or two!

I see the Danfoss website is promulgating chrono-proportional capabilities as doing what I want, and it says it will reduce gas consumption - obviously a good thing especially with current prices.

Would I get a smoother result if I replace the thermostat? Could I save gas? If so, what with? Another Danfoss? Something else?

Attachments

• Internal Temperature.png
    Internal Temperature.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
I don't have an answer for you, but I was very interested in your graph and it has prompted a general wondering.

It looks like your temperature is being controlled to within about 1.3 degrees. Do you know how closely the TP9 is supposed to control temperature? Is it +/- quarter of a degree?

And that made me think about what is the smallest temperature difference people can generally notice, and how closely does temperature need to be controlled to remain comfortable?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back