Trainee Spark needs help

Bit of a naf one, but away from the calculation questions.......

1)List the inspection & test procedures to be carried out on a TT system within a domestic property......

2)What is the max voltage for equipment to be used within an enclosed space......

3)How often should a Periodic Inspection Report be carried out on a construction site.....

Sponsored Links
Ian, he is doing year 1 finals mate, I don't think he will have to worry about these points and they are unlikely to have been spoken of yet..although with all the changes over the last few years it isn't impossible.

One last thing, you might want to define "enclosed space", a room with a door shut is an enclosed space...would I be right in thinking that you are thinking of "Confined Space", as in Cat 1, Cat2 and Cat 3??

FWL_Engineer said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Ok - well here's one which will be dear to FWL's heart:

Assuming a Ze of 0.8ohms, what is the maximum length of a 4mm ring main cable, installation method 1, that will allow you to meet the 0.4s disconnect time with a 30A BS3036 fuse?

You might want to refrase that question...and no I don't mean the comment about me either :D
What don't you like about it?

Ban, I simply meant that as he is a first year student, the question might be better phrased to avoid any posible confusion. You and I know what you mean, as I am sure many of the others do, but he may not.

The regs, and most people, tend to talk about rings in area they cover rather than length of circuit, just thinking this could confuse the issue that is all.

Wasn't a dig or anything :)

Sponsored Links
OK. Didn't occur to me it might be a dig - I wondered if the Q was faulty in some way.

Up early, or late?

ban-all-sheds said:
OK. Didn't occur to me it might be a dig - I wondered if the Q was faulty in some way.

Up early, or late?

Not been to bed yet, been working on a quote that needs to be in Tuesday!

"refrase"

Um ... Rephase ..... Rephrase ?

Must have Plumbing heritage. ... showers maybe ?

Hi,

Sparked Out.

Electrical text books take a look : - here

On-Line calculators for almost everything :-
this

Superb downloadable FREE graphic calculator :-
here

If you are thinking of proceeding to higher education, grab this on-line Stats textbook, also free and downloadable :-
here

Looks quite informative ...... To me anyway !!

Sent some of this stuff ... would have been page three ... did not show, so adding here.
Have fun.

P.

Hi,

Here I am .... bad penny ?
Sparked Out Here is some further stuff you may find interesting, I am sure others will too.
On-line caculators for almost everything :-
this

A superb FREE downloadable graphic calculator :-
here

If you are going further into higher Ed. grab this on-line stats text book before it disappears (also downloadable):-
this

P. :eek:

pipme said:
Hi,

Here I am .... bad penny ?
Sparked Out Here is some further stuff you may find interesting, I am sure others will too.
On-line caculators for almost everything :-
this

A superb FREE downloadable graphic calculator :-
here

If you are going further into higher Ed. grab this on-line stats text book before it disappears (also downloadable):-
this

P. :eek:

None of that is particularly relevent to a trainee spark facing his Year 1 exams though pip..nice thought though. :)

FWL_Engineer said:
Ian, he is doing year 1 finals mate, I don't think he will have to worry about these points and they are unlikely to have been spoken of yet..although with all the changes over the last few years it isn't impossible.

One last thing, you might want to define "enclosed space", a room with a door shut is an enclosed space...would I be right in thinking that you are thinking of "Confined Space", as in Cat 1, Cat2 and Cat 3??

These are out of my 1st year college work.......

il78 said:
These are out of my 1st year college work.......

But was that C&G2360 part 1??

I have looked through my old stuff and whilst there is the odd mention of similar things, we didn't touch that until part 2 when I did it some 20 years ago.

Hi,

Sorry 'bout all that.

Just in case you missed my link to the only FREE on line text books on electricital theory that I have found :-
this

Does start from very basic, check the 'Master Index' there are 6 booksin the series.

Could all be useful later on, when the penny of life drops, with that sickening clatter of a mortgage chain etc !!

P

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back