Training Companies?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Im interested to know who if any on the forum has experienced good/bad training from any of the many companies out there supplying it.

I am currently thinking of taking up one of the courses offered but have no info other what they supply (all good) and how there is a shortage of electricans?

I am currently installing computer networks and cabling etc. and want to get qualified as an electrician to offer additional services and maybe after a bit of experience setup on my own. I am based in Corwall so unless anyone knows anyone down here I am going to have to travel up country.

Cheers Mark

Sponsored Links
It's not a training company that you want, it's a college, to do the City & Guilds 2330, 2382 & 2392, as a minimum....

Hi

Thanks for your reply, Timescale is the issue there and travelling, Living in Cornwall only 1 college offers it and thats miles away from me, so as I will have to travel anyway I thought i might as well get as much done as possible whilst away. Unless anyone knows of anywhere local to me that does the training? No companies advertising that I know of? Be easier if they did.

Cheers mark

Hi

Thanks for your reply, Timescale is the issue there and travelling, Living in Cornwall only 1 college offers it and thats miles away from me, so as I will have to travel anyway I thought i might as well get as much done as possible whilst away. Unless anyone knows of anywhere local to me that does the training? No companies advertising that I know of? Be easier if they did.

Cheers mark

Sponsored Links
Hi

Most of these companies, access2trade, olci etc have home study courses and assesments then 4-6 weeks at there office doing practicle sessions

Cheers Mark

Distance learning is one thing but you can't beat hands on experience.

IMHO 20 days tutoring will not a sparky make.

You might well get qualified on paper.

Distance learning is one thing but you can't beat hands on experience.

IMHO 20 days tutoring will not a sparky make.

You might well get qualified on paper.

Congratulations 10 out of 10 for stating the obvious!

I asked my question for people to help if they could! Whilst I dont really need to explain why I want to get the pieces of "paper" Ill give you a bit of why!

From 1982 - 1999 I was designing and installing computers and upto 100 user networks through the 90's using cat5 which involved new build offices, old buildings , linking sites etc seen it all regarding routing cables, testing and siting enclosures, via my design or other peoples drawings etc. I left that part of the industry as an oppurtunity came my way within the RFI/EMC industry (you still with me) which involved me coming up with solutions of how to stop interference within the electronics of any industrial set up be it hospital, on board a ship in a tank on a plane etc anywhere where intereference could have an adverse effect on the operation.

So whilst I am not naieve enough to think I could/would become an experienced sparky by gaining the cert's alone I am not an inexperienced person who hasnt picked up a screwdriver before. I have also rewired houses (pre part p).

I am looking to start up on my own and need to get qualified for obvious reasons. Thanks for your help in me trying to do it.

Mark

Sponsored Links
Back