Tranformer 240v to 12v ?

Thanks Breezer,I've got one of those car heater from the 'bun' newspaper ( :) ) unfortunately it takes 10 minutes before any heat come out of it.Another advertising myth claiming "defosts car windscreen in seconds" and also the engine have to be on otherwise the battery will go flat,they don't tell you that do they :rolleyes:
As you say,I will try the tubular heater as I can always use it for something else. :)

Sponsored Links
If you're still looking, how about this?

59_1.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450741052&category=30928

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
You'll have to bear with me as I'm not electrical minded,so would this act as a tranformer plugged into the 240v mains and give me 12v for my portable car heater (200 watts,12.3amp) or am I thinking wrong?

As far as I can tell it is a battery in a box, so it'll give you an independent 12v supply that you can put in your car to power the heater, then quickly whip out in the morning and recharge during the day, ready for the next night. Thus no wires (mains or 12v) trailing out to the car, and no flattening of your car battery.

I've just been looking for a bench power supply on ebay, which is how I found that one, but after I posted I noticed others the same for sale, with longer to go (5 days, I think), which should give you time to research the product, ask the seller questions etc. If you do a search for the phrase "power supply" and you'll find them. Use the advanced search, Title & Description, and exclude the words:

[pentium intel amd laptop atx pc ibm dell computer playstation ps2 gameboy nintendo qtec q-tec hp compaq toshiba xbox pedal pedals]

to cut the results down to a reasonably manageable list (a couple of hundred :rolleyes: ).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back