Transfer of Riello Burner to replacement 'Body only ' Grant Vortex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I posted on here a few weeks ago about our heat exchanger dying after only 2.5 years due to an over pump issues.

Well today I ordered a body only boiler from Grant and will have to transfer the existing, working burner to the new chassis. I though this is the most cost effective way of getting things backup and running.

My question is, is the burner transfer a straight forward thing to do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Certainly, the Riello burner should fit perfectly into the boiler.
I would certainly need to know and set the appropriate oil pressure and CO2 readings as recommended, and I think the length of the blast tube would play an important part. Presumably the nozzle size has been recommended?
Do you have any of the data for the new boiler requirements?
John

Certainly, the Riello burner should fit perfectly into the boiler.
I would certainly need to know and set the appropriate oil pressure and CO2 readings as recommended, and I think the length of the blast tube would play an important part. Presumably the nozzle size has been recommended?
Do you have any of the data for the new boiler requirements?
John
Hi John,

The replacement boiler is exactly the same. My Grant Eco Utility which was installed in early 2020 has broken due to a corroded heat exchanger.

Grant are selling me the same boiler but without the burner.

So I just need to remove the current burner and place it in to the new boiler.

The Grant ma said it should jus be a case of taking it off the broken boiler and putting it in the new one.

Will it be that simple?

In a nutshell, yes but it's still a good idea to get the pressure and flue gases checked after any disturbance......the chances are it doesn't need adjustment though.
I'm a little perplexed why the heat exchanger should fail so soon though - any clues about that one?
John :)

Sponsored Links
Hi John,

The replacement boiler is exactly the same. My Grant Eco Utility which was installed in early 2020 has broken due to a corroded heat exchanger.

Grant are selling me the same boiler but without the burner.

So I just need to remove the current burner and place it in to the new boiler.

The Grant ma said it should jus be a case of taking it off the broken boiler and putting it in the new one.

Will it be that simple?
Have you (still?) got a open vented system, ie, one with a small (feed & expansion) tank in the attic with a vent pipe bent in over the top?, if you have and if the corroded heat exchanger problem was caused by air ingress then you will get the same problem again unless you address it.

Have you (still?) got a open vented system, ie, one with a small (feed & expansion) tank in the attic with a vent pipe bent in over the top?, if you have and if the corroded heat exchanger problem was caused by air ingress then you will get the same problem again unless you address it.
Hi there,

We are getting that addressed before the the swap out gets done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back