transformer switch 230v-24v

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all little question to all you electrical gurus
hi have a keylite electric window 24vdc moter powered by a transformer switch

the switch its self stopped working after a couple of months so on the phone to keylite as these are £95 so didnt fancy keep replacing them
they said they would send a engineer out to have a look
now here is my problem he said the switch blew as it is wired in a loop wire in to switch then out to tiolet light switch and said it needs to be a single wire into switch
ive said this to my sparky and cant see what differnce it makes
any one got any ideas or fitted these before
cheers

Attachments

• standard-electric-motor-kit-1-window.pdf
    463.9 KB · Views: 202
Sponsored Links
.... he said the switch blew as it is wired in a loop wire in to switch then out to tiolet light switch and said it needs to be a single wire into switch .... ive said this to my sparky and cant see what differnce it makes
I'm with your sparky - it sounds like total nonsense.

Kind Regards, John

thats what i thought and my sparky says its nonsense to but thanks for a third opinion

Sponsored Links
You may have a fourth opinion in agreement, if you like, and worded more colourfully than "nonsense".

Let us know how you get on - basically Keylite are trying to steal £95 from you.

the more the merrier they left a new switch just didnt fit it
thanks for input

You may have a fourth opinion in agreement, if you like, and worded more colourfully than "nonsense".

Let us know how you get on - basically Keylite are trying to steal £95 from you.

A 5th too. As for colourful, brown is the colour that springs to my mind, emanating from the rear end of a bull.

Would need to see the switch, some switches have push in terminals and they are only designed for one cable, forcing two cables in one hole can cause bad connections and burn up the switch

not push in but screw terminals

Attachments

• DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 125

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back