Trapped Valve with flow of water in airing cupboard -

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

You will have to excuse my lack of knowledge when it comes to this!

In my airing cupboard i have the water tank and two small tanks one white and one red.

I recently started to hear a gushing noise coming from inside the cupboard and i could see a continuous flow of water going through one of the pipes (one of the pipes has a black bell shaped piece of plastic that has a hole in it to see if theres a flow of water) i rang the homeserve team that deal with david wilson homes and they were talking extremely technical, have no idea what i need to do, the only part i understood was 'nothing to worry about just get it serviced when you can'

So does anyone know what on earth this is? and why has it happened? its a new build property, i have been here 2 years and no problems?

Theres a little pipe coming out of the house by my front door with a metal cage around it which the water is flowing out of from the house (airing cupboard)

Is there anything i can do instead of paying £100's for them to come out ?

Thanks

N

Sponsored Links
Instead of describing your installation, why not post a picture? Your limited knowledge would then not be as much of a problem.

Pete, because you asked so nicely there are pictures for you to look at in my album! So instead of criticising the post you could just help which is what a forum is designed for!

there are pictures for you to look at in my album!

Now you tell me ;)
First things to check would be the pressure in both the white and the red vessels. This is done with a tyre gauge exactly as you would your car. There are dust caps hiding the schraeder valves. Then check the gauge under the red vessel. This indicates pressure within the system pipework etc. If this shows Zero the the system needs recharging via your filling loop that looks like this:- View media item 35799At this stage it is not possible to determine which PRV is passing down to waste. Do those checks first and come back.

Sponsored Links
Ok so, i dont have a pressure gauge, however i can get one of these tomorrow! The pressure dial thats on the red tank currently has two needles a black one thats at halfway between 0 and 1 then the red needle is at halfway between one and two. Not too sure if this information helps you at all

However i can do these checks tomorrow and get back to you.

your unvented cylinder should be serviced every year by someone with the G3 cert, you can't test the pressure in either of the EV's if you have pressure in either the heating or the hot water, I suggest you get someone to check & service it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back