traveling so far for plastering work

dwp in Sheffield can't get enough plasterers and are short...

plastering jobs with dpw????
hi mr spreader.... i just woke up! been up north in the land of plenty and not enough spreaders! will it have a ripple afect to all the way down to the south of england for those who have been dreaming about a days work, we get so board waiting we end up plastering our own homes so we dont lose the knack... bit like ride a bike, once started hard to forget , but just a little pratice to keep our skill up to scratch... well its the first iv heard of ... more work then plasters . get in the van and start it up. zzzzzz must have falen asleep! i still cant bleave its true as to seeing no work for weeks down south and when it turns up a mad rush for the phone..... i will say no more. wheres the work near portsmouth and southsea.. im baffled but willing to travel again to the land of work.. even if it means getting a ferry to far away island of white. we might be lucky there as plenty of chalk and quartz about... any lime plastering going , will pick up some hair on the way... now wheres the work kind spreaders of the south of england ??? any answers?

Like I've said, they can't get enough plasterers and are falling behind. It's doing social housing renovations. Skimming kitchens etc.

Sponsored Links
Stay in Trinidad and stop stealing work from Brits.
born in britain! british passport and birth certifect , im white as hydro lime andhave city guilds 1@2@3 , n.v.q. level 1, 2, 3, started in 1980 , oldenough to be your dad! iv seen the good times in the 1980s in liverpoolstreet and the city , used to get 7 days a week , 18 hrs a day , ye i will leave the none existing work to the people like you .... had a bit of luck last week i finaly landed an 8 month contract in kent on price work ... pity i will get enough money now to leave england at xmass this year. so please tell me how to leave my birth conntry where i was born... im white as lime and a limy and proud of it, think about what you said as the truth is things are going to get realy hard next year as i was made redundent last march and sadly 180 plasters went out of work as well and it ment another 180 looking for work. yea i was with one of the bigest plastering firms in south of england , due to cut backs by goverment we lost 17 contracts for new build schools and it left me shattered. im sorry to say this . i saw the bad times comming and things aint getting any better this year, iv made enough over the years and now will make the job i have started my last. im glad that i can excape england as life is getting tougher now, and you will see many other spreads giving up there tools as it will be a very hard time to make ends meet, iv been plastering 34 years ., seen it all, been insulted as well, at least i dont have to listen to remarks like this as many know me even you might meet me but rember i never listen to snide remarks as im not rachlest either. i wish you luck next year with plenty of work . but bleave me , we are in a double dip reasion and its going to close plenty more firms down due to the lack of work, i only joined this to give help of my exprences and some times we get things like this quoted, i thankyou for doing this as everyone who reeds what you have quote will know what kind of person you are. thank you for what you have wrote , we all know the reasion for it , ivno more to say on the matter but thats all . hope your next boss comes frome a diffrent country, you can say the same thing to him. i thankyou for you time and kind feelings and hope you live a long way away from me , but as i travel all overthe place i say no more. thank you again JOE.

Sponsored Links
Where is Trinidad and Tobago are you? Got some friends that way.
im not far from carnage near gulf of paria , not far from chagramaus , iv a boat there and go fishing a lot when im not here , as if you know people and the life style out there where desil is at $1.40 thats about 14p a gallon , the wages are very low as well as the cost of living , a good month would be about £400 befor tax but as there is about $10 to $12 to a pound , in the past it has been realy hard going there so came back to england 10 years ago , but due to down hill trend of price rise and less work now and travling so far to sites , this country is doing exactly what trninidad was 10 years ago , but is now on the up and up , with drywall and joint tape comming in to mass use and the new goverment getting in last year , they have now struck oil in gulf of paria just before xmass last year, there is enough in the well to keep them producing a welth as any money made from oil and keeping it for sole use for the country will be used to re generate the country again, i thought id never say it but they have a massive building program starting and with many new schools , roads , and hospitals going to start a redevlopment program they are now going to bring new progress and up date the whole country , with a lot of work comming up, this will be the last 6 months in the country and as a person like jo quote to me , leave the work to the brits.... well im british born and white as hydro lime! i will leave this sinking country behind and go home to now where i had already planed to retire in later years, now days as i did quote cost of travling to work , its a crying shame that this country is heading for a steep down fall and 3 times in the last 30 years i have seen the up and downs of good and bad years on the building sites, i can only take my exprence to the westindies as people know me out there as a fine work man who takes pride in a good quailty job , iv already had 6 loacle people working with me and get a lot of respect even though im a white man, after xmass i will again start a plastering company up and it will be easer to get work as trnidad is only 48 miles long and i dont need a bike there to get to work as its easy to just walk 5 mins up the road and iv got plenty of work aroung, iv built up a good name out there and prospects are better then here. as for jo ... he ha, ha , well next year i hope hes laughing still as there aint noughthing to laugh about this country at all, at times like these we dont need to have insults said as its hardenough as it is , so i thank you for asking where i live intrnindad , i wont give the exact town as so much gun crime is in parts and i know people in the getos and the poorer parts of the country, i always ask these to help me if work comes my way as they are greatfull for the work. i also say thanks for being friendly , it makes a change. if we dont meet on sites thanks but if we do , i will say hi, yea just for a last word , im a white man , and at the mo im working with a spread from jamacia, so im happy. any rachlest remarks aint in my blood , if i can be of help with plastering problems drop a line , i may be able to help , i know a lot in the wet trade but willing to learn new things each day. thanks for the time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back