tree hacked down by Electricity Co again!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As title, we used to have a lovely Mature, double trunked alder tree at the end of our garden, 7 years ago Electricco wanted to cut back the Willow and the Alder. We carefully negotiated that the contractors would but the willow back to 4 metres and the Alder would be cut back to 6 metres, so a significant loss of height, but we would still have privacy and some shade in that part of the garden.
I came back from work and it had been cut back to about 1 metre! The owls and bats lost a good home. Fast forward to this year, a few suckers had come up and we were just beginning to get some privacy again, Electric co wanted to cut back the willow, I signed for the willow to be cut, came back from work again, and most of the Alder had been hacked back.
I am negotiating a settlement with the Company over the idiotic behaviour of their contractors.
The tree is right beside a small stream, and constantly has wet feet. what options are there for bringing in a replacement alder that will survive being dunked in a puddle?
First time around they brought in a largeish alder tree to replace the cut down tree, but with hindsight they had not bought one grown wet as it died within a year.

Sponsored Links
Why are they cutting them back? you have not said?

Sorry I missed that bit, they are about 6-8 metres from a pylon outside my garden. The agreement to a 6 metre height was that would keep it away from the wires in any high wind.

What I need is to get the Alder back again asap. Is it possible to buy a large Alder that has been grown wet? There is a bit of room close to the existing root that is possibly over 2 metres across at the base.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back