Saving the trees...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a row of mature conifer trees in the back garden.

In December's strong winds, two of the trees have started to lean at strange angles.

Earlier in the year I'd changed the fence posts and concrete that had butted up to the bottom of these trees. I didn't cut any roots, but the trees were right up against the old posts so I assume the old posts were offering some support/stability.

I don't really want to cut these trees down, but wondering about ways to stabilise them or stand them back upright?

I thought ratchet straps to the tress that are still standing properly. I'm not sure if there's anything else I can do to help the situation?

Rough explanation - trees 1 and 4 are upright. Tree 2 is leaning forwards about 30 degrees, and tree 3 has leaned backwards by about 15 degrees.

IMG_7169.jpg
05baddc6-f008-4f54-8527-63445135b227.JPG

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You probably disturbed and loosened the soil around the roots, hence the lean. I wouldn't want trees that close to my house, as it looks to be close to that one in the background.
Thankfully that neighbour helped with the fence replacement so his fingerprints are on this too if the trees fall on his place :ROFLMAO:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back