tree removal (duplicates merged)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
My house is a detached one built in 1990s. Our neighbour has recently removed a tree (the root was also removed) in their front garden. The tree is about 6-7m tall and c. 5m from the side of my house. The tree has been there for a long time. I read about heave on the internet and wonder whether I should be concerned?

Many thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi all
My house is a detached one built in 1990s in Bristol. Our neighbour has recently removed a tree (the root was also removed) in their front garden. The tree is about 6-7m tall and c. 5m from the side of my house. The tree has been there for a long time. I read about heave on the internet and wonder whether I should be concerned?

thanks for your reply. no idea what tree it is. It has quite big leaves.

Sponsored Links
Hi all
My house is a detached one built in 1990s. Our neighbour has recently removed a tree (the root was also removed) in their front garden. The tree is about 6-7m tall and c. 5m from the side of my house. The tree has been there for a long time. I read about heave on the internet and wonder whether I should be concerned?

Well it's too late to do anything about it now. You could take some 'before' photos of your walls to show the lack of cracks, just in case something goes wrong when the soil fills up again.

Someone who knows better will be along shortly but I wouldn't be too worried.

duplicates merged
@Newby2
You have posted this here and in the Building section. That isn't a good idea as it can lead to conversations getting fractured between the two, you replying to someone with them not know what you have been told in the other section, etc.

If you click on the Report link you can ask the moderators to merge the threads.

thanks for your reply. no idea what tree it is. It has quite big leaves.
The species is important.

It sounds like an ornamental garden tree so probably not one that takes up large amounts of water.

The common worst offenders are leylandii, oak, hawthorn. Some trees like holly aren't an issue, nor are fruit trees, flowering cherries etc......none of which would be a prob at 5 metres.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back