Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m building a rear extension on my end of terrace bungalow, my Architect has specified a 600mm x 1000mm concrete foundation. At the adjoining boundary to next door we have a concrete post fence, the 150mm of foundation on that side of the 300mm cavity wall will need to go slightly past the centre of the existing fence.

I was thinking that I could leave the fence in place, dig right up to it and have my cavity wall sit off centre on the foundation? But I presume that a BCO would not allow this as the weight is not spanning equally along the width of the foundation.

has anyone had experience with this sort of situation? And what a BCO would allow? I have all party wall details sorted on this, just saying.

I think that it could be more suitable if I were to get the engineer to design an offset foundation for that side (at the boundary)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back