Trend worktop jig ruined, can it be repaired?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just done a silly thing and ruined my Trend KWJ900 jig, the router somehow slipped out due to the other side of the jig in fresh air and I've gouged a 160mm long section about 3mm deep. :cry:

Can these be repaired? I thought of using some kind of woodfiller but I doubt the jig would give a perfect cut. Gutted.

Sponsored Links
If it was a little nick then possibly, but that much damage I doubt it and its not worth the risk. Id prefer to fork out another £140 rather than try and repair it and wreck the next worktops I cut with it.

Sponsored Links
Routers can dig and walk out of the timber ,when your driving them a bit hard ,Electric brakes help when using jigs, I think the electric brake cut's down on the time of uncertianty when the cutter solws down and isn't going fast enough to cut the material

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back