Trevi Boost advice needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am in the process of trying to install a new shower in my flat, it has an old Aquadart that runs off a cold mains supply and tank fed hot supply which is on the same floor as the shower. The company that made the shower dont seem to be in business any more so I have been looking into alternatives. The Trevi Boost seems to the best bet but I have a couple of things I'm not sure about.

If I put the unit in, the actual body of the unit would be approx 500mm below the level of the top of the tank, but the shower head on the wall would probably be just above the top of tank, would this be a problem.

The Trevi website talks about the tank being fed from a cold water cistern, but I dont have one as its a single storey flat and i assume the tank is filled direct from the cold main, again is this a problem?

How do i check what pressure my cold main is running at.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If I put the unit in, the actual body of the unit would be approx 500mm below the level of the top of the tank, but the shower head on the wall would probably be just above the top of tank, would this be a problem.
Please measure the distance from the base of the cold storage cistern to the position where the shower handset is (or would be).

The Trevi website talks about the tank being fed from a cold water cistern, but I dont have one
You do have one - you've already said that you have a "tank fed hot supply".

How do i check what pressure my cold main is running at.
With a pressure gauge.

Hi Softus

Sorry, I didnt word that very well, I have a hot water tank on the same floor level as the shower. The hot water tank is fed direct from the cold main, there is no cold water cistern. When the problem with the old shower first started I tried replacing the bath taps with a mixer tap. The shower attachment worked fine when held low but when I elevated onto the wall the flow died as the shower head was now above the level of the top of the hot water tank.

The simplest solution seems to be to fit a Trevi as I have no electric feed going to the shower but am not sure about the lack of a cold water cistern.

Does your cylinder look something like this??
direct&indirect-combi.jpg

Sponsored Links
It does indeed seem as though you have a combination cylinder.

The Trevi Boost is likely to be the best solution for you, but before you commit to it, please measure the flow rate of your incoming cold main.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back