Trianco Eurostar 90 not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

My mother has the Trianco Eurostar 90. It wasn't starting, so I took a look in the oil container and it had run out. Got the oil replenished, attempted to start boiler but still no luck.

If some residue has blocked the boiler, would the oil filter catch that? If so, any ideas where the oil filter is located on the machine and is it an easy job to remove and clean?

I read elsewhere that it might need bled. I notice on the boiler there is a black cylinder bolt which takes an Allan key (photo attached) Is that for bleeding it? When I opened it, a little oil came out when I was trying to start it, but it is intermittent. When not starting it, it actually sucks a little bit of air back in, although a very small amount. Could this be some kind of blockage somewhere?

Any ideas on what I could try to fix?

Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• part.jpg
    part.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 230
Sponsored Links
Update: I bled it, some air then some oil spurted out and I immediately closed it when the oil was coming through.

Now it is firing up and running, but making a strange noise, a bit like how the old computers sounded when you loaded a program :) Sounds like maybe still it stuck in the pump. I noticed there is a small brass valve below the bleed valve. Turning this a bit, changes the sound tone.. but I'm not sure what that is so turned it back to original position.

Update: I bled it, some air then some oil spurted out and I immediately closed it when the oil was coming through.

Now it is firing up and running, but making a strange noise, a bit like how the old computers sounded when you loaded a program :) Sounds like maybe still it stuck in the pump. I noticed there is a small brass valve below the bleed valve. Turning this a bit, changes the sound tone.. but I'm not sure what that is so turned it back to original position.

You now need to get a Professional in sooner rather than later

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Thanks for your replies. Transpires the flue has gone. Boiler runs fine when the air inlet hose disconnected. The flue is totally corroded looking inside.. Now looking for a replacement flue.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back