P

plstering

what a day i hade
I to hardwall over a block wall 60mm out too finish level
it used up 2 bags.
(but) 1 was hardwall 1 was bonding
soo the mix was 50/50
WOW what a spread it was better then spreading finish no joke
now who knows any old school tricks like mixing cement with bonding for it to set quicker.
or tartar sauce to slow the seting time down on finish.
cement in board addy so you can skim of it the same day.

Sponsored Links
im not to sure if it works but apparently if you add cream of tarta not actuall tarta sauce otherwise you will have all the herb lumps to pick out, it will slow the setting time of multi but like i said im not too sure never tried it. usually a handfull of board addy will slow the mix from setting but does tend to leave it greasy so you have to work with it a bit more. ;)

Sponsored Links
only what you ve been doing for years islandveiw,dont troll or you will get bit.got more names than a ***** you pair!

ok the other day i was talkin to this other spread i know who partakes in urinating in other spreads water butts onsite, he reckons it speeds up the setting time of hardwall and skim not very nice i know ,i thought he was winding me up for a second but the more he talked about it the more i knew he was serious, just make sure you don't work on the same site as him

that is so wrong in so many reasons surley if health and saftey found out this guy would be thrown off site.
i dnt lik grassing up but if i found out a guy was ****ing in my water butt i would find the guy kick f*#k out of him then take a **** on him and see how he felt.
what did you say to him once he told you??

that is so wrong in so many reasons surley if health and saftey found out this guy would be thrown off site.
i dnt lik grassing up but if i found out a guy was p******g in my water butt i would find the guy kick f*#k out of him then take a p**s on him and see how he felt.
what did you say to him once he told you??
well after my initial shock i asked him how long it quickened the set up and he said by a fair bit, and he also said that he and his m8 used the same waterbutt but they couldent remember if the butt still had the pee in it, which then made me realise he wasent fibbing its not very nice is it?

i thought we had a thread .............mabey a year or so ago it might have even been me that posted it haha but i thought that someone said if you pee into the mix it would last longer...... thats what i think i remember anyway.
i do wonder if any of these actually work, i havent got the bottle to try it in someones house when thier expecting a perfect finish..........and walls not smelling of urine haha :LOL:

He may be winding you up , but if not .........

The guy peeing in the water is just an ignorant, dirty, lying fool.

This whole thing started when blokes were too lazy to go somewhere to pee. (And in fairness, I have been on plenty of sites with NO toilets back in the day)

They would pee in a bucket and then empty it out when they went downstairs/outside for a bag or something. When they were caught, ie when a foreman etc walked into a flat and saw the bucket of pee, they said they needed it for the mix as an excuse.

You know this pee thing is a myth when you hear different people saying it slows the stuff, and others saying it speeds it up. Unlike opc, dirty water , board adhesive etc where everyone knows what the additive does.

The man is a dirty idiot. If he wanted to constantly speed up the gear like that he is a fool. Why do you need to do that all the time? If you have big areas, you work with the stuff, not against it, and adjust the size of your guages and how much you hardwall you float. That's where having a trade comes in. If he does need to speed it up, simply use dirty water, or a bit of the last mix etc Much easier, and gets rid of your dirty water.

Even if he needed pee to do it, what he is doing is stupid. He can't regulate how much he pees into the water butt to keep it consistent. He also has to make sure the butt is completely empty each time before he fills it. If this was a genuine reason, he would just have a pee bucket or bottle and add a certain amount to each mix. Complete and utter nonsense.

Peeing in a water butt?- if he did it in mine, I'd shove his f***ing head in it.

Peeing in a water butt?- if he did it in mine, I'd shove his f***ing head in it.[/quote]

Haha love it micilin my thoughts exactly :LOL: :LOL:

Im not sure I understand what you are saying external.

I have kept the same user name for this and other forums since I started using them.

What is a troll anyway?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back