Tried hooking motion detectors with car alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It seemed like an interesting idea at the time, I wanted to think up something that could be a cheaper alternative to a real car alarm.

Hence I had an old PIR motion detector lying around, and a simple buzzer.

The plan:

1 x motion detector
1 x noisy buzzer
1 x cable
1 x lever switch

Attatch the old burglar alarm to the power of the battery in the matrix board, looking at through the back of my van. Noisy buzzer attach to the normally open switch of my circuit. fix lever switch into the back door lock.

Open lock switches off disconnects circuit at lever switch, so the motion detector can blink away happily.

Conclusion?

Disaster!!! the Lever switch didn't work properly and the buzzer went off constantly, alot of headaches re-wiring with cables and no fix.

Never again!!!!

Sponsored Links
Many an invention was developed, by tinkering such as this, don't give up. :LOL: :LOL:

Wotan

Sorry to be a bit dumb but I did not really follow your explanation. If the PIR sensor you are using is from a security light it needs 240VAC to operate without some modification, if it is from a home alarm system it should be fine although I am not sure what its purpose is here (turn on the buzzer maybe?) As an electrical and electronics engineer I am sure I can help you with a wiring diagram if I know what you are trying to achieve. The gist of what you say is perfectly reasonable and any attempt to deter the low lifes and ner do wells of this world is fine by me.
Aus Steve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back