Sterling 10 System How To Remove?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We have a Sterling 10 Alarm System, which is +20yrs old and we've not used for last couple of years. If electric trips, it starts to beep so just click button on pad and that stops. I want to take out, but am worried the sirens will start and I won't be able to stop them!

After researching online & here, my thoughts are as follows:-

1) Switch off relevant circuit breaker in fuse box.
2) Open main board, sirens start, re-enter code in key pad to stop. Is that right?
3) Remove battery and fuse in spur next to main alarm box?
4) Isolate power cables in main box and then start to remove room motion sensors, etc.

Other info :-
Outside box/siren, doesn't sound when power cut, could this mean battery knackered and shouldn't cause a problem? Did have to have battery in main board changed +10 years ago due to it being on it's way out.

Also, there's a mains power siren in hallway, if there's no power/battery back up will this just want removing?

Sorry for all the questions, but hoping you guys can make this job painless!

Thanks in advance.

Jonah

Sponsored Links
based on what you have said remove the battery remove the mains (isolate mains for safety) no idea how your panel is connected to the mains. (10 years ago, life span is recommended at 4/5 years, so even if battery isn't dead it may not have much life left in it)

Hi,

Thanks for reply, power to alarm runs from garage to alarm box in office with inline fused spur. Based on response, shouldn’t be noisy for too long if at all! Presume outdoor siren battery not been changed for 20yrs will be well knackered by now as well.

Will have ago at weekend and let you know how I get on.

kind regards and Stay Safe.

Jonah.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back