Sterling 10 battery changed but still sounding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently changed the backup battery in the Sterling 10 main box. I'd hoped that this would stop the external siren sounding when the power was cut, unfortunately it has made no difference. The battery is brand new and reads well with a multimeter, but if the power is cut the external siren starts up. Has anybody got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
battery fuse ok?
if you can use a multimeter, check all fuses in the end station

and always be aware that there ismains in there!

Oasis

It'll be the fuse. When the power comes back on without a good battery you get a big power surge. If you don't have a meter you can nearly always see the blown one just by looking at it against the light.

Sponsored Links
it could be either of these;

1.6 amp 20mm
1.0 amp 20mm

rather unsure as we dont fit that panel (and have only ever taken them out to replace with something else!)

Oasis

Fuse was blown, as it happened the original installer had supplied spares in the control panel which made life easy and now it appears to be working.

I removed the power and the external box did not sound but internally the buzzer would beep every second which I presume is correct operation. What concerned me was that when I put the power back on the internal buzzer continued to beep and the display would show a flashing exclamation mark. I tried to stop this with my alarm code but it just continued for a few minutes. After a few more attempts with the code it dissapeard and everything is back to normal. Is this normal, does it occur while the battery recharges or something?

your system is now back to normal.
keep a note of the date that you changed your battery and change it in about 4 to 5 years.

nice to see what we do actaully is utilised by people!!!

Oasis

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back