Trim for base of kitchen stool

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

the trim that goes on the metal base of one of my kitchen stools disintegrated. The base is one of those pressed metal disks that raises gently towards the centre and on the outer edge curls under slightly..

Any idea where I can get a replacement? I can't find the order email that tells me where I bought the stool and it is a few years ago now..

thanks

Trevor

Sponsored Links
That seems fair :) Hopefully the below displays correctly.

The trim is a black ribbed plastic that hooks on the underside of the stool base.. I can get a pic of the stool base that lacks a trim if that would help?

Can't believe I am the only person who has had to replace one of these and the base seems a fairly standard item but I can't find a search term on google that gets me anything.. any help welcome..

Must admit am struggling to find it too. Might be worth looking on ebay for similar stools and giving the vendor a call to see if they can give you a number for the manufacturer.

Sponsored Links
Looks to me like it could be done with a C-section plastic strip. Have you thought about getting some lightweight plastic air hose, the small stuff about 8mm or 10mm OD and slitting it to make your own C-profile? It needs to be of the same flexibility as that plastic "strip" new and reground circular saws come wrapped in to protect the teeth. Come to think of it have you thought about asking the local saw doctor service? Those guys must buy it by the reel and cut to length because there are so many sizes of saw blade out there

You could cut a thin disc of thin mdf to fit snugly into the recess, cover with felt, it would then prevent it scratching the floor when moved

the same thing has happened to my breakfast stools. Did you manage to find something to suit?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I have the same problem. Have very similar bar stools and the plastic ring has broke, I don't think it was rubber to start with as the whole lot is hard.

Found a seller on eBay but they want 16 quid per ring, was thinking about a U section edge trim, but wondered whether it would be strong enough, so have found this one.... http://www.componentforce.co.uk/category/692/heavy-duty-steel-reinforced-edging-strip

Had the same problem and can confirm the U section works, was a bit worried it would mark the tiles but no problem so far. Thanks for the tip!

Have since found one of my friends has bought the real ones from an ebay seller, somehow they found their email address on-line and got a better price by speaking to them direct. Wasn't as cheap as the U section though :LOL: and they were a bit miffed when i told them how i had sorted mine :cool:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back