Trim guards for painting windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm a novice DIYer with a heck of a lot of external windows to paint! I've been watching some youtube vids for tips on how to speed things up, and I want to get a trim guard so that I can paint quickly without getting paint onto the glass.

They don't seem to easiest things to find. I wondered how many people are using them for this kind of thing and whether anyone has suggestions/links to where to get one.

Cheers

Max

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys.

This is the video that inspired me to write:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PUB1IEFtGk&feature=endscreen&NR=1

I don't doubt that practise etc is what is really needed for good results and a professional approach. Trouble is, that seems to be so often the way with DIY. You do a job and by the end of the job you start getting good at it. But then the job is done and after a few months/years when you get to use those skills again you are back to square one.

I'm usually left at the end of a job thinking to myself "If only I could have done it like that when I first started the job"!

I think they used to call those things a George.

You must get through plenty of rag keeping cleaning the thing.

Sponsored Links
I think they used to call those things a George.

You must get through plenty of rag keeping cleaning the thing.

You could not be more correct, they were at one time known as a George, yet this was nothing more than a nickname for what is simply a painters aid.

Whilst I would never propher advice regarding their use they can be of great benefit to someone who finds it difficult to strike a clean crisp line with a brush.
Two of the most important things to take into account when using them is to apply even pressure and wipe clean before using again, so again you were right regarding a plentiful supply of rags.

Dec

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back