Trimmer Laid Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are having a new oak floor fitted in our hallway next week however the tilled floor in our kitchen and downstairs loo protrudes to far out of the rooms meaning that the trims will not cover the tiles up to the doors as we need it to.
For this reason we need to trim 1-2 cm off the laid tiles.
I purchased a multi tool blade for stone / grout yet after an hour it hardly touched it.

Any ideas on the best way to cut the tiles without risking cracking or chipping?

Sponsored Links
use an angle grinders on the large part between the door and then score the last bits and drill small holes in a line in the last few inches till you can snap it off. the rough bit will be hidden by the trim. no guarantee not to crack the last tiles if you are not careful

I used a diamond cutting disk in a demel with flexible extension, took a while though!.

Sponsored Links
I have used Bosch PKS16 mini saw to cut tiles in situ , cuts cleaner than grinder. For final ends I took the blade off and fitted it to cordless drill using a long bolt and nut which allowed me to get very close to the ends.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back