Trimming Interior Doors - Oak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help. I'm currently replacing all my interior doors with some panel style Oak/mixed hardwood ones.

My problem is that I want to retain the style for the 2' airing cupboard doorway and the nearest door size is 2'3. From reading various DIY guides I understand that this is a bad idea due to door construction techniques.

I was hoping that (since I already bought the door!) I would be able to do the trimming then finish the edge with an oak veneer?

Am I bonkers? Can carpenters offer any advice?

Thanks,

Ben.

Sponsored Links
if your talking flush panneld doors you only have around 30mm either side with egg box construction inbetween so not a job for the inexperienced :rolleyes:

Hi,

Thanks for your response. The door isn't a flush panel and so doesn't have eggshell construction. Hopefully that means I am in luck and should be able to veneer the edges?

Thanks,

Ben.

still isnt advisable to remove more than 12mmx2 from any doors [less if advised]

have you got a link to these doors !!!

Sponsored Links
Hi again,

I don't have a link to hand, will try to dig one out later.

Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back