Cutting Down Howdens Oak Doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After some advice as to if its possible to cut the doors below down to fit an odd atic room door size.

We have these doors through the rest of our house -

http://www.howdens.com/product-rang...n/internal-doors/hardwood-doors/dordogne-oak/

Howdens Dordogne Oak - •Constructed using veneered particleboard stiles and rails

We have 2 loft rooms which the door spaces are normal width (2ft 6) but are only 6ft 2in high and also have a large chunk out of the corner to accomodate the sloping roof.

I know its not really possible to cut the above doors down to size as it will weaken the structure and integrity of the door etc. but dont really want to put plain white blanks in there either as the rest of the house has oak doors.

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or had come across any solutions to a similar problem.

Many thanks in advance
Matt

Sponsored Links
This means you would need to lose 2" from both the top and the bottom.....strength wise I reckon you could get away with that as the door looks sustantial enough - likewise chopping a corner off. If you come across a hollow, that can be filled in so as not to be noticable.
How well the job would look is really anyone's guess until you've tried it - personally I'd buy one and give it a try.
Smart doors!
John :)

Sponsored Links
this description says definately not to me
Constructed using veneered particleboard stiles and rails

first off all particle board is chipboard to me
you are also planning on removing 25% off the strength as in a full corner join and rely on the panel giving support :eek: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back