Can this door be trimmed to the size I need?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am getting 4 panel Oak Shaker Glazed doors for 3 downstairs rooms and to keep a theme would like the non-glazed one for the downstairs understair bathroom.
The one I have seen:
http://www.howdens.com/doors-joiner...s/internal-hardwood-doors/4-panel-oak-shaker/
is veneered particleboard and I note it says it is solid construction.
The bathroom frame width though is 700mm
Can 60mm be shaved from this door (3 each side)?
As it is apparently solid construction I am assuming yes?

Otherwise I am a lost as I cant find anything in the size I need

Sponsored Links
the normal is 5 to 12mm usually at the lower level

think off an iced cake or scotch egg they are solid but shave to much off the inside appears
in this case woodchip :rolleyes:

Got you - good analogy thanks.
I have found the 726mm version but these are 2040 height and doorframe is 1920 height so would need to cut 120 in height from them :(

how square is the frame ??
the next size down will givev7mm clearance that is quite a lot but compared to 2-3mm for a normal door clearance could you live with that its a pencil width??

Sponsored Links
Aah fair point.
Compared to the door that is there which has a ridiculously big space at the top I think we could live with that.

Is adding a thin strip to the door frame on either side to reduce the width a little feasible as well?

Still 3cm from the top and bottom :(

Aah fair point.
Compared to the door that is there which has a ridiculously big space at the top I think we could live with that.

Is adding a thin strip to the door frame on either side to reduce the width a little feasible as well?

yes absolutey normal
providing you can add it and disguise it to your satisfaction

Many thanks for your patient help.
I can see some light at the end of the tunnel now!
Will look to get the 1981 x 686 and get an internal trim to reduce the gaps (or rather I will get someone to do it who knows what to do! :D )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back