4 Panel & 6 Panel Oak doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone know if howdens or similar to any identical style 4 panel and 6 panel oak doors?

I need to get a 6 panel door and give it 'minor surgery' to loose the two small panels at the top to fit an understairs cupboard.. The surgery isn't an issue but i'm struggling to find any 4 panel and 6 panel doors in the same style in oak.. Only clear pine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction (ideally reasonably priced oak doors, IE less than £100 per door inc vat!)

Thanks

David

Sponsored Links
Minor surgery? Chop the top off a 6-panel door and it wil just took odd IMHO because the top rail of the doorwill not be deep enough - neither will the "bottom" rail of the 1-panel door. When you start carving up doors this way you lose the proportion of the doors and it can easily end up looking like a bodge

Sponsored Links
Agreed, I need to do the same to the bottom rail too.. There's not much else I can do other than making the door from scratch which I may end up doing if I don't find another alternative. I also Know what you mean about it could end up looking like a bodge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back