Oak Veneered Door got wet!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just had a 4 panel oak veneered exernal door hung. I had put two coats of Osmo UV Protection oil on it and thought it would be fine however at the base of the two bottom panels it obviously hasn't been sealed between the centre panel and the bead and water has got in and has soaked up the centre panel.

This has left me with a brown stain about 2-3" high on not just the out side but the inside. Call it user error but I wasn't aware I should have sealed it here and my joiner never mentioned it.

I have got the door covered in the hope that if it dries out the colour will return to normal if not the bubbled effect? I will then when it's dry put a sealant along all of the joints in the panel and apply a furth coat of Osmo UV oil.

Anyone have any tips on how to help get rid of the brown staining, I'm assumin it will get lighter on it's own but not necessarily back to what it was.

Many thanks,

Sponsored Links
Thanks, not sure with the location of it that will be an option. Have to keep my fingers crossed it dries out OK.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back