TRIMMING WALLPAPER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I'm trimming wallpaper I mark the paper along picture rail/skirting with the back-edge of a knife then (becos of fading eyesight) mark the crease with a soft pencil.

Despite careful cutting along the line, I sometimes end up with the wallpaper 1 or 2mm short. I know the simple solution would be to cut 2mm away from the line but I've never seen that suggested!! But is it always best to cut on the long side, then can any small surplus be rollered into the rail/skirting??

PS These slick guys on 60-minute makeover just use a board and a scalpel or cutting knife. Probably a new blade for every cut plus perfectly straight and regular rails and skirtings??

Sponsored Links
Thanks for suggestion - never used one even though I'm fond of gadgets.

But maybe still a problem in older houses where picture rails and skirting boards tend to be a bit more irregular??

HI.
HAVING BEEN IN THE TRADE FOR ? YRS BUT STILL READY TO TRY NEW SOLUTIONS TO IMPROVING ON DECORATING, I HAVE TAKEN ONBOARD THE NEW SYSTEM OF TRIMMING WALLPAPER ROUND CEILINGS SKIRTING BOARDS ECT,USE OF A PLASTIC SPATULA AS USED WITH ARTEX JUST PUSH EDGE OF SPATULA INTO CORNER TO BE TRIMMED THEN SLIDE SPATULA ALONG CORNER AT THE SAME TIME RUNNING SHARP TRIMMING KNIFE ALONG THE SAME, WORKS A TREAT, I USE TRIMMING KNIFE WITH SNAP OFF BLADES SAVING TIME ON CHANGING BLADES. ANOTHER WORTHWHILE TIP THE SAME SPATULA MAKES A GOOD SUBSTITUTE TO PAPERHANGING BRUSH espacially ON vinyl PAPER. :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back