Tripping Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a split load consumer unit with all circuits apart from 2 protected by a RCCD. Up to now whenever the protected circuits trip it is a simple matter of resetting the individual CB However in the last few days we have had a couple of power outs which upon investigation have not tripped any of the CB's The power went of and then came on again after around 30 seconds or so I had initially thought this was down to the power company but this last time my wife who was in the extension server by a non protected circuit says that her supply was unaffected I has assumed that once tripped the CB would stay that way until manually reset Is this correct please and is my wife mistaken Could it be other than a power cut

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Most do require manual reset.

Thanks for the quick reply Maybe what I should be asking then is the following

Is it likely for 1 or more RCCD circuits to lose power and then regain it again without tripping any CB's Other that is than from being caused by a mains power cut

Thanks

The only possibility that comes to mind is a loose connection, that when a high enough load gets on it and it heats up, it then moves slightly or whatever and disconnects. It then cools back down, and reconnects...

Sponsored Links
The only possibility that comes to mind is a loose connection, that when a high enough load gets on it and it heats up, it then moves slightly or whatever and disconnects. It then cools back down, and reconnects...

I think I will just have to wait and investigate again should the fault reoccur

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back