Triton amber 3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey folks

me again, I know this a very long shot, but does anyone have one these sat gathering dust in an attic garage or shed, why you may ask? well recently our gainsborough shower went up the wall and as money is tight we have been dontated the above shower with a few screws missing I have looked on line for the screws I require and no joy so I rung triton direct and they tried to sell me a £24 wire terminal including all wires when all I need is two terminal screws oh and i need all 4 case screws although I can get these from triton for £2.50 plus postage that I dont mind paying for I know its a long shot guys and girls

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
just a thought could I buy a strip of chock block and replace the current terminal block rather than paying for oe fitment at £24 plus postage its a 8.5kw shower so works out at 36.1 amps so would need 60amp chock block as 45 amp does not seem to be available

any thoughts

you can buy a choc block anywhere for it.
i useally keep a strip of them.

i thought you wanted the screws as well ?

does chock block not come with the screws the problem being the oe chock block is quite large with large terminal screws and want to make sure the replacement chock block is correct ampage is 60 amps sufficiant

Sponsored Links
yes they come with screws.
i meant the cover screws you needed didn't you ?

yeah need the 4 cover screws but dont mind paying £2.50 for them direct from triton as unlikely to be able to get from elsewhere so can you confirm replacing the original terminal block with a piece of 60 amp chock block is safe and legal?

Say no more.

img3164800x600.jpg

is that in an electric shower? that does not look too healthy lol many thanks for your time and help saves me £20 as 60 amp choc is about £3 a strip

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back