Triton Ivory 3 Shower PRD removal

MM3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise me on how to remove the back screw on the PRD (Triton Ivory 3)? I've tried with an angled screw driver but the access is still too tight. Also tried loosening other parts but does not help with the access. Seems a pity to have to replace the entire shower just because I can't access and replace this one small part. Bit of a design fault to me given that this is usually the part that goes wrong. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately the Triton Ivory 3 is similar to that if the T80XR where the PRD is a little less accessible, than the T80z. What I find has worked for me is a long reach pz1 screwdriver.

Thanks Ian & Chris. I have watched this video but its not an Ivory 3. The PRD on the Ivory 3 is tucked up on the left hand side, side on to the front hence as Chris says, the back screw is "less accessible" (I'd say virtually impossible - rubbish design given that this bit commonly goes wrong). My usual right angled screwdriver gives just under 30mm clearance which is still too big so I've ordered an even smaller magnetic one. Even Triton Customer Services can't help!?! Thank you for your responses, I appreciate your guidance and support that this community gives!

Sponsored Links
Are you able to post a photo? I’m guessing what I’ve said won’t work? If not then maybe a ratchet with a screwdriver attachment, and extension bar if required?

Thanks Ian & Chris. I have watched this video but its not an Ivory 3. The PRD on the Ivory 3 is tucked up on the left hand side, side on to the front hence as Chris says, the back screw is "less accessible" (I'd say virtually impossible - rubbish design given that this bit commonly goes wrong). My usual right angled screwdriver gives just under 30mm clearance which is still too big so I've ordered an even smaller magnetic one. Even Triton Customer Services can't help!?! Thank you for your responses, I appreciate your guidance and support that this community gives!
Post a pic, they are not hard to replace, you will just have to take something else out that brings the whole assembly out , they are only a 20min job

Triton I3 PRD access.jpg
Triton I3 30mm access.jpg

Hi guys, thanks for your responses! I've posted pictures which shows that access is prevented by the plastic back cover which has a semi-circular cut out for the front screw but not the back one - great design (not)! New even smaller screws should arrive today so I'll let you know how I get on. Thanks again for listening and supporting - much appreciated!

If you can’t get it with them, and can’t use a long reach pz1, I think the only other way is to loosen the heater tank and possibly the 2 lower screws on the right and tilt it forward.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back