Triton Shower - PRD Replacement - How?

M

MercenaryUK

I have purchesed a new PRD (Pressure Relief Device) from Triton for my exectric shower (Triton Opal). However the pictures in the instructions they gave me do not look anything like my shower.

I have put a picture of the inside of my shower here: http://performit.co.uk/shower/opal.JPG

Please could someone tell me where the PRD goes? Is it under the big grey thing on the left with the 'stop' sticker? Simple instructions would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks.

Paul

Sponsored Links
It's not obvious from photo but PRD usually has a piece of plastic tube extending outside of case to show when device has operated and is fixed to bottom of heat exchanger. Is that a removable plastic cover around heat exchanger? The cable hasn't been terminated properly though. The outer sheath should be held in the cable clamp, which is missing, and the earth wire should be sleeved.
Have you decided why the PRD operated?

It's not obvious from photo but PRD usually has a piece of plastic tube extending outside of case to show when device has operated and is fixed to bottom of heat exchanger.

There is a plastic tube (about 1cm in diameter) sticking out of the bottom of the unit - this is what the water comes out of. My new PRD fits it snugly, so I guess the old PRD is at the top of this. I just have to get to it!

Is that a removable plastic cover around heat exchanger?

If you mean the big grey thing then no. I might have to take it out and hope that the PRD is behing it. The problem is that it looks tricky to take out. I guess I will have to turn off the water too (I have turned off the electricity by the way)

The cable hasn't been terminated properly though. The outer sheath should be held in the cable clamp, which is missing, and the earth wire should be sleeved.

It was fitted by someone for me. Is it dangerous to leave it like this or should I fix it before using it again? I have been using it for over 2 years...

Have you decided why the PRD operated?

I'm not exactly sure. Water may have gotten in through the top of the unit. Then the power to the whole house tripped out. I reset the fuse box and water only came out of the PRD. I have checked for blockages in the shower head and tube, but I cannot see a blockage.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you've almost found the PRD then Paul. The cable isn't dangerous but I personally would undo the earth wire connection and slip a piece of sleeve over it. It's sloppy work, so I would check the terminal block connections are tight. It's not clear why PRD operated if spayhead wasn't blocked though? Perhaps faulty PRD? Have you asked Triton? Service back-up is good and I've had several showers from them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back