Triton AS2000XT shower problems

Yes the coil opens/closes the inlet valve upon start/stop of the shower.
2 min job to change a coil it just slips on a spindle on the inlet valve.

If the motor gives an high pitched sound then it sounds like the pump is being starved of water ie the pipework is airlocked.

You really need to isolate hot/cold, remove filters then open hot/cold 1 at a time and let it flow to clear any airlocks etc, make sure both flows are equal and one is not resricted, otherwise it will starve the pump.

Sponsored Links
Hi again. Pardon me for replying to this old post but I did replace the solenoid and virtually trouble free showering for a couple of years until the solenoid went again. I tested it with my multi tester and it showed a value of 1, so I replaced the solenoid again. It worked fine for a couple of times and have just gone and tried it on again and it doesn't work at all now.
When I press the button, it just makes a humming noise as though the motor is trying to come on but can't!! Water only drips through. As I say, I have replaced the solenoid. It doesn't make the usual noise when the pump goes on, could it be the pump? There is a lot of black dust inside so I wonder if the bushes have gone!!

The black dust is normal in these showers it just the wear on the carbon brushes.
Sounds like the pump has jammed.
Remove cover and start shower if it hums and don't rotate it's jammed, turn the shower off and give it a nudge with a screwdriver then try again.
Check the brushes poss they are near their limit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back