Triton AS2000XT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello -

I have a Triton AS2000 SR with a cylinder system and back boiler. I'm looking to get a combi boiler to replace the whole system but a combi isn't compatible with this shower as its a low pressure shower and gravity fed.

Can you advise of a replacement shower that would work with a combi but won't involve a huge amount of re-work for the shower itself. I've been told by the plumber to find a suitable replacement that will work with a combi but its looks like Triton are low pressure showers.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You use a different description in your title from your post. However, both the Triton AS2000 XT and SR are both power showers in that they contain pumps that increase the pressure of stored hot and cold water.

triton1_600x.jpg

Unfortunately there is no easy straight swap from this to a shower fed from your combi. The two types of shower are of a completely different design. So, the hot and cold water supplies currently feeding the Triton could be re-routed to a shower mixer. If you don't want to break into the wall and conceal the pipework, exposed chrome pipe is sometimes used to make exposed pipes look a little more attractive.

mixer.jpg

The electrical supply to the current power shower will also need removing and making safe.

it looks like Triton are low pressure showers.

Triton do make mixers suitable for use with combi's the specification for the Elina shown below describes it as being suitable for all systems and having Rising / Falling or Back water entry points.

mixer 2.png

Hello -

I have a Triton AS2000 SR with a cylinder system and back boiler. I'm looking to get a combi boiler to replace the whole system but a combi isn't compatible with this shower as its a low pressure shower and gravity fed.

Can you advise of a replacement shower that would work with a combi but won't involve a huge amount of re-work for the shower itself. I've been told by the plumber to find a suitable replacement that will work with a combi but its looks like Triton are low pressure showers.

Thanks
If you just replace your back boiler with a heat-only boiler and keep everything else the same you'll save yourself a lot of trouble and have a better system IMO. (I don't like combis!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back