Triton Capella riser rail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening,

We've had a Triton Capella mixer shower part-installed. It's been plumbed in as far as the diverter valve, but they left the riser rail and showerhead off so I could tile and then fit the rail.

When I've gone to do this it doesn't look like it's going to work. The manual talks about connecting the riser rail to the diverter and making sure there's a seal, and tightening a chrome nut. But it seems that there's no seal there. Even with the nut tightened, the riser rail will just slide in and out of the unit.

The picture in the manual doesn't show what it's meant to look like beneath the nut, and I've been on hold phoning Triton for longer than my boss is happy about in work time.

The lads who installed it are away but they did take the screws & plugs that came with it, so they might have taken the seal too. But I can't be sure cos I don't even know what's meant to be there.

Has anyone fitted one of these? Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
I've had a look at a pic of this shower and it looks as if it slots behind the on /off valve which shouldn't have a joint to leak from. :confused:

224d_2.JPG

Have you fitted it and does it leak ? :confused:

Am I missing something?

Thanks for getting back Bahco.

Here's a bigger picture, should have posted it before:

997-637-X39s.jpg

It connects behind the diverter valve which switches between the riser rail and the hose and is the thing at the front. The on/off valve is on the left of that and the thermostat on the right.

I haven't tested for a leak because until I know if there's a seal missing I won't know where I'm drilling a hole for the top bracket. Cos I won't know how high the riser will sit. I think it will leak now though because the riser rail just slides straight out. I can't see the point of the nut that's directly behind the diverter valve because it doesn't hold the riser in place or seal the joint.

Sorry but I can't help you further. :(

You really need to try it and see.

The water goes to each side of the shower and exits underneath to provide yur shower. Can't see why water would come out near the riser rail :confused:

You may be worrying unduly. ;)

Sponsored Links
Finally spoke to Triton and I'm missing an olive seal which they're sending out this week. :D

Thnaks mate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back