Triton Capella - cold!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought a Triton Capella bar mixer in June, water temp was fine at first. Recently water is constantly lukewarm/cold even at max temp (time of day doesn't make a difference) although pressure is fine. Have tried reducing pressure but no change. Plumber who installed threw away receipt by mistake, Triton engineer coming out next week to look at shower. Glow-worm combi boiler is just over a year old, water from taps (bath and sink) very hot - what are the options?

Only have the one bathroom, one shower, tank is in attic directly above.

Can we do anything in the meantime to solve the problem, or does this sound like an expensive repair job? Have had a look at costs for replacement valves on the internet and they are horribly expensive! If we do need the engineer, can someone please tell me what I need to ask him or what he is likely to say/charge?

Sponsored Links
CMTDMoore said:
Plumber who installed threw away receipt by mistake
That's his problem - he's the retailer for the materials that he provided, and should repair or replace them if they break down so soon.

We didn't use a Triton plumber, bought the shower from Argos and used an independent plumber.

Have just tried to adjust the hot water using the "spindle" inside the temp dial - water was lovely and hot last night, now is cooler again (although still warmer than when I first posted the message).

Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back