Triton Pressure Compensating Shower - cold?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We replaced our bathroom suite last week but kept the existing shower as it was only installed two years ago when we had our combi boiler fitted.

When using it now, it runs hot for a while then goes very cold, then warm. My husband removed two valves (which we thought were just connectors) and put isolation valves on them which are located in the loft/attic.

Could this have made a difference? Were the original valves special ones?? Or have we messed something up when putting it all back together?

Any advice would be great, I don't like cold showers! :cry:

Sponsored Links
When using it now, it runs hot for a while then goes very cold, then warm. My husband removed two valves (which we thought were just connectors) and put isolation valves on them which are located in the loft/attic.

Could this have made a difference? Were the original valves special ones?? Or have we messed something up when putting it all back together?

It's cycling on the tco
doubt it's anything to do with the isolation valves fitted more likely scale has shifted when you isolated the mains to fit these valves.
check the valves are fully open and check the inlet filter first for scale etc.

what model triton is it ?

Sponsored Links
sorry didn't read it properley.
yes the triton pressure compensating mixer valve.

sounds like it's making the boiler cycle on/off so giving hot/cold flow.
watch the boiler when this happens see if it go's on/off.

have you a pic of the fittings you removed ?
fitting isolation valves shouldn't really affect the shower
where they full bore or restricted bore valves you fitted ?

TRITON

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back