Triton Shower - Checking continuity

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got a Triton Rapide 4+ which is doing the whole Low Pressure warning and not heating any water. I'm suspecting the Thermal Cut Out or the Microswitches operated by the flow control based on a bit of googling, this forum and showerdoc's responses on another forum.

I've got a multimeter, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing when it comes to using it.

Now, I'm working on the assumption that I shift it to the diode test mode (I have one of these and put the probes on each side of the TCO unit at the connectors with the power on to the shower?

If that's wrong/going to kill me, what should I really be doing? Cheers,

Mike

Sponsored Links
its not the tco if your getting a low pressure light.
tco will only be live when the microswitchs are activated. check them to make sure they are making contact if not the water pressure maybe to low.

The water pressure is fine (checked that), the flow control may not be activating the microswitches, I'll be checking that.

I was understanding that a faulty TCO would report the need to do a thermal cut out and have the same effect as low pressure?

Sponsored Links
if the micro switchs don't activate the pcb then the pcb will not give the tco any power which then will not give the heating elements any power so no hot water

check the switch if you see it not quite touching use an elecy screwdriver to activate them and feel the temp of water.
don't hold it in there to long.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back