Triton shower stops after 3 seconds

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a bath and an electric (Mira shower) on the first floor of our house. I fitted a Triton electric shower a couple of years ago next to the kitchen on the ground floor. It worked like a charm for a couple of months but after that, it was on all of the time despite us pressing the off button. Since I did not want to use it at that time, I switched it off the electric point.

Now I need to start using it again. When I turn on the Triton shower, it turns on for around three seconds and then turns itself off. During the three seconds, it brings out cold water.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I fitted a Triton electric shower
Triton what model ?

it was on all of the time despite us pressing the off button. Since I did not want to use it at that time, I switched it off the electric point.
What was on constantly flowing water ?

Now I need to start using it again. When I turn on the Triton shower, it turns on for around three seconds and then turns itself off. During the three seconds, it brings out cold water.
Is that with it set to heat or only cold ?

Hi,

Triton what model ?
>Triton Opal

What was on constantly flowing water ?
> We have a fuse for the Triton electric shower. Two years ago, if we turned the fuse on, the water used to be constantly flowing - even if we pressed the stop button on the Triton Opal shower. The only way to stop it was to turn it off from the fuse.

Is that with it set to heat or only cold ?
> The shower turns off after around three seconds either if it is hot or cold on the dial or on any of the three buttons. If we turn the dial to cold and turn on using the cold button, the shower tends to remain on for around 7 seconds.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back