Triton Shower

11 Jan 2008
Reaction score
United Kingdom
My son recently moved into his new flat( well not that new 10 years old) The previous owner had a Triton 3 10.5kw shower fitted in February 2007. My son was using the shower the other day when it suddenly stopped working and he could smell burning. On switching it off and removing the cover he saw that the terminal block with the incoming cable fixes to the shower wiring was black and had melted. The internal wiring in and around the pressure switch was also melted.
on looking at the wiring I saw that the cable is 10mm it has a pull cord isolation switch in the bathroom and the run from the consumer unit is about five metres. The consumer unit is a fused type and the fuse marked up shower had a 30am rating. I have checked the fuse and it has blown but the shower I would say is a right off. What would have caused the problem? I would have thought the fuse would have blown before damaging the wiring. I am going to get an electrician to check the rest of the wiring in the flat.
Sponsored Links
Sounds like a loose connection. This would cause overheating, and subsequently burning, without causing a fuse to fail.

A 30A fuse is not suitable for a 10.5kW shower, so getting an electrician to check things over would be a good

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links