Triton T100E electric shower fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all..
I have a T100E shower that has been installed for circa 4 years now.
Until the other day it was working as expected when pressing the on/off button (on the unit) nothing happened. After 5/6 attempts the power light came on and it worked fine and that was that...until this evening when i tried it again and nothing!!!

It hasnt been messed with and the pressure hasnt been altered on it?!

Im lost as to what to try and would very much appreciate any input on this..

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
If a 4 year old electric shower has failed, it's probably the canister - heating element that's gone.

You can replace them, look on Triton's website.

If you are not completely competant to do it - bear in mind it's a high load electrical appliance you are standing next to and you are wet - get a sparky to look at it.

I have had Triton elecy showers for about 20 yrs, they only last about 3-4 years in hard water areas.

New can is about £35-40 delivered.

If a 4 year old electric shower has failed, it's probably the canister - heating element that's gone.
What the hell you talking about a faulty heat can won't cause this fault.

[pressing the on/off button (on the unit) nothing happened. After 5/6 attempts the power light came on and it worked fine]

If you are not completely competant to do it
Don't ask you. ;)

I have had Triton elecy showers for about 20 yrs, they only last about 3-4 years in hard water areas.
Don't talk rubbish.
I still have customers with electric showers i installed over 10 yrs ago. :rolleyes:

New can is about £35-40 delivered.

Are they i have 10 if you can get them for £40. ;)

Sponsored Links
It is a thermostatic shower.

Anyway i took it all apart and found out that it had no power to it, the switch had lost a neutral where it had been arking...so tightened that up and off we go!!

I had a look from interest at the price of parts for it and you could buy 2 showers if you wanted all of the parts offered....

Anyway thanks for your responses guys :cool:

It is a thermostatic shower.

Anyway i took it all apart and found out that it had no power to it, the switch had lost a neutral where it had been arking...so tightened that up and off we go!!

Take it you mean the main isolator ? ;)

It's not in the shower it'll be on the wall ie in airing cupboard or outside bathroom.
It's a isolating switch between the shower and consumer unit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back