triton t300si low pressure problems

this morning instead of turning the shower on & off about 5 times i turned the shower on (went straight to lp & cold) so i wiggled the 2 thin wires behind no 1 & it went to hot & stayed there.

sarah

Sponsored Links
sounds just like you have a bad connection on the spade terminals that push on to the pcb.
pull the spade terminal off and and close it slightly with a pair of pliers and check the terminal where it pushes onto that thats not loose in the pcb.
also check the screws on the other end on the tco on top of the heat can that they are tight.

hi again

i have done what you have said but it is still doing it, is there anything else i can do coz its starting to get me down now

thankyou for your help

sarah

Sponsored Links
is there anything i can do about that or does it need a new pcb?

thank you

sarah

I have had the same problem with mine. The fault has turned out to be the pressure valve bending the microswitch on the PCB. At the bottom of the shower PCB. you will see a little microswitch pointing down. Below it is part of the water inlet in white plastic. When the shower is running, a pice of plastic is forced upwards by the water pressure and clicks on the microswitch. The problem is that it does it with such force, it bends the whole micoswitch unit , and then because the switch is not at 180 degrees to the piston, it doesn't switch properly. I made a small wedge that sits behind the microswitch and stops it from being bent upwards. Very poor design I must say.

well mine is still up to its tricks but i'm putting up with it, it normally works on the second go now.

thank you fraserj for your info, how did you make the wedge & what material did you use? would it be possible to put a picci on here so i can see what i need to do.

thank you once again

sarah

well enoughs enough, im fed up with the bloomin thing turning cold & i hate having baths so weve ordered a new shower, thank you for all your help

sarah :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back